Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bring The Audience In

I know this is last season, but I am still obsessed with Melanie Moore. She is probable by far my favorite winner. I love that she is so different with every thing she does. Even her look is different. Her dancing is so true and raw, and that is what I love most about her. She isn't a typical contemporary dancer. Her lines are beautiful and that is what so many dancers strive for. She isn't only amazing at contemporary either. She seriously can do it all, and that is the best thing. Being versatile is what people want. 

Her ability to grab the audience with everything she does is amazing. She received a standing ovation with one of her dance for her life solos.. That doesn't happen. I think this is why so many people loved her. Because she can bring anyone in with whatever she does, which I think is so important when dancing. I think all dancers should take from this, that even if you may not have all of the technique or skills like these amazing dancers, you can still be an amazing performer by bringing in the audience with your emotions. People won't look at your ability if you are intriguing them with your emotion.
http://youtu.be/a438sPVlonI 



No comments:

Post a Comment