Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Bun Heads

I don't know about you, but I have never heard of a bun former until about a year ago. For the performances when we were asked to have a bun in our hair, we would all get a little nervous. They never seemed to stay in or just look good for that matter. I finally came across bun formers. I don't know how I haven't before, but they are the secret to the perfect bun, and I will swear by this! I have danced with these in and there is no chance they are falling out either. It is also possible to use a sock. you just cut the end of it and roll it up until it looks something like this.

What you do is put your hair in a pony tail where you desire your bun to be. Slip the pony tail through the hole of the former and rest it at the base of the pony and your head. Next, waterfall your hair around the bun so the hair is covering all of the former and slip a pony around it. You can see the bun forming already. Last wrap all of the hair from the pony around the bun and bobby pin it in! It is really simple and looks fabulous.

The fun thing about this is that you don't have to use this just for dancing. I love to wear it out when I want a more sleek look or even something fun. You may think of it as the Kim Kardashian bun!

You can definitely get these almost anywhere! I bought mine from K-Mart. I am sure Wal-mart, Target and places like those would have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment